Tuesday, September 17, 2013

peach-basil sangria



A few weeks ago I had dinner at a restaurant called Queenstown and I tried their peach-basil sangria.  It was so good that I knew I had to make my own.

I don't have a juicer so the consistency of my peach juice was slightly thick...similar to a tomato juice.  I thinned it out by adding sparkling water.  If you want it even thinner, add in more sparkling water or plain water.  And if your peaches aren't sweet enough for you, add in a little simple syrup.


peach-basil sangria
-6 peaches
-1 cup of plain sparkling water
-a bottle of sweet white wine (I used an inexpensive moscato)
-a huge handful of basil leaves 

1. Chop the peaches (you can leave the peel on) and put in a blender.  Blend until smooth.  I added about 1/3 cup of water to get the blender going.
2. Put a fine mesh strainer over a large bowl and strain the peach puree.  Discard the leftover pulp.
3. Put the peach "juice" in a large pitcher and add in the handful of basil leaves.  Pour in the sparkling water and wine and stir all together.  
4. Serve over ice with an extra basil leaf for garnish.




1 comment:

thank you so much for your comment! i read and enjoy each and every one :).

Designed by Jackie Ayr