Tuesday, August 27, 2013

mini blueberry-peach pies



Saturday it all hit me - my jet lag from our Rome/Ireland trip that followed by a busy {and let's get real, at times alcohol soaked} four days in Vegas.  Mix in a stupid cold that stuck around for two weeks and I was exhausted on Saturday.  I slept half the day, woke tired and then went back to bed at 8pm.   The one thing I managed to do all day was make these mini pies and eat.

I also went to the store because we were out of garbage bags.  Although we could have easily gotten by for one day with old grocery bags, I made the trip because Yogurtland is located next to the grocery store. After two mini pies I really needed a massive serving of froyo and candy.  It was just one of those days :).

These pies are the perfect "look like you slaved but they're ridiculously simple" dessert.  Make them and wow everyone with your baking skills.  


mini blueberry-peach pies {makes six mini pies - double for more}

filling
-a cup of blueberries
-two large peaches - chopped
-1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

crust
-1/4 cup sugar
-1/3 cup vegetable oil
-1 teaspoon baking powder
-1 teaspoon vanilla extract
-1/4 teaspoon salt
-1 egg
-1 cup and one tablespoon all purpose flour


1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a bowl, toss together the blueberries and peaches and cinnamon.  Set aside. 
3. In a second bowl, put all the ingredients for the crust and mix together with a wooden spoon until well combined.
4. Fill six ramekins {or small mugs that are oven safe if you don't have ramekins} with the fruit and top each ramekin with the dough.  I started with a small handful of dough, flattened it into a disc shape, and spread it over the top of the fruit.  Once the dough is pushed to the edge of each ramekin, use a sharp knife and mark the top of each pie with an X.
5. Put the ramekins on a baking sheet {they will spill over!} and bake for about 20 minutes or until the fruit is bubbly and the crust is golden.


I ate mine with a small scoop of vanilla ice cream.  It was perfection.








11 comments:

  1. This made me hungry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noms. And you know I just don't say that about anything ;) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha! it takes a lot to make me say that too :).

      Delete
  3. YUM! I love pie, and these mini ones are so cute! Fun for company, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gina, these sound perfect. Totally pinning to try later!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks anna! they're so delish and SO simple to make.

      Delete
  5. Yum! Looks great, and with ice-cream :)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i wonder if you could make this in muffin tins?

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look so yummy! I don't think I've ever tried blueberry and peach together.

    Tabby
    www.glitterinthequarter.com

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for your comment! i read and enjoy each and every one :).

Designed by Jackie Ayr