Tuesday, March 26, 2013

blt salad with homemade light ranch dressing



This salad was SO good. I know I say that everything I make is "SO good" but here's a little secret - some of what I make in the kitchen is mediocre and I just don't share it.  There, now you know all my secrets.

But this salad, is good.  It is like a huge BLT but healthier.  Feel free to add any extra veggies or even a little grated cheese.

blt salad {serves one}
-a big plate of chopped romaine
-a handful of chopped tomato {I used baby heirlooms}
-2 slices of bacon, cooked and chopped
-1/2 an avocado, diced

Toss all together and top with ranch dressing {recipe below}.


light homemade ranch
-2 heaping tablespoons of low fat may
-2 heaping tablespoons of light sour cream
-1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
-2 tablespoons low fat buttermilk
-2 tablespoons chopped chives
-1 teaspoon all purpose seasoning {I used Trader Joe;s brand, but any will do}
-3 tablespoons vegetable broth {optional - if you like a really thick dressing, skip this}

Put everything in a jar or plastic container and stir or shake until well combined.  This dressing will last in the fridge for a few weeks.







2 comments:

  1. Looks absolutely delicious!!!! I love a good salad, and all those ingredients are my faves and cannot wait to make it!!!

    xo Dinah @ sunshine super glam

    ReplyDelete
  2. This salad was SO good. Look very healthy for us. I really love it. I must follow your routine. Thanks for sharing this article. Now it's time to avail Baby Liquid Soap for more information.

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for your comment! i read and enjoy each and every one :).

Designed by Jackie Ayr